Supported Hardware for low.js
low.js runs on any ESP32-WROVER module.
For industry purposes, you will want to have a professional boards which includes exactly those peripherials, sensors and connectors you need. In this case, please contact us, as with our experience we will be the fastest and thus very price competitive option for creating such a low.js compatible board.
If you are looking for a ready to use board, you have two options:
The neonious one is the microcontroller board made by the developers of low.js, neonious. It is optimized for low.js, with many features not possible with generic ESP32-WROVER boards:
- Well done on-board webbrowser-based IDE + debugger for rapid prototyping
- Graphical package manager for npm, modules working out of the box
- 10/100 MBit Ethernet in addition to Wifi
- Clean pin layout with every pin actually usable, more usable pins (27) than the plain ESP32-WROVER has
- Truely asynchronous Flash writes, as file system is on additional Flash chip (ESP32-WROVER Flash writes always pause the system, by design)
- Accurate ADC provided by LPC coprocessor (ESP32 ADC is non-linear)
- 4 MB of Flash for file system / user program. With low.js on generic ESP32-WROVER modules only 1 MB is available for file system / user program.
- Over-the-air updates of low.js, no need to connect board to PC
To buy the neonious one, please visit the neonious Store.
Generic ESP32-WROVER Board
On Aliexpress you can find various boards based on the ESP32-WROVER for $10.
They usually break out all ESP32 pins, and in addition provide at least one on-board LED and an USB to UART adapter chip, so you can flash the board with low.js by connecting it directly to your PC via USB (the ESP32 chips do not support USB, but are rather flashed via UART).
When buying one of these, double check you are not buying an ESP-WROOM-32 based board, as they do not have the 4 MB PSRAM required for low.js.